Sunday, April 18, 2010

MI is for Michigan




Hanging in Michigan this week. It's absolutely gorgeous here. The leaves are just budding on the trees, the birds are making nests and the frogs are laying eggs (as we witnessed just this morning). We have embraced something we've fought our whole adult lives - KOA Kampgrounds. I never thought I would love a place so much that equates camping with putt putt golf and water slides but hell to the yeah! The boys have been endlessly fishing in the (stocked) ponds, golfing, catching frogs, riding bikes, visiting the campground store to buy gag gifts like snapping gum and fart powder and playing on the giant playground. We simply feed them and remind them to change their underwear! We love this stupid place! I am also loving spring in the midwest with the cool weather and no rain!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I loved this post. Much like you, when I was younger, I traveled a great deal, though usually alone - by van, train or bus, staying in hostels or the YMCA. I had many strong opinions.

    Now I live fulltime in our motorhome, and travel pretty constantly. I still have many strong opinions. I can't tell you how many times I have had to EAT MY WORDS when reality intrudes upon my judgements! :) You'd think I would learn!

    I'm glad you are able to embrace the KOA. They are made for families like yours. I love seeing the photos of your happy sons.

    Safe travels,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete