Tuesday, May 10, 2011


Life is still good but the boy is bigger and now we have a cat.




Mainly showing the coat rack above the driver's seat for winter coats. Really genius idea by my hubby. The shoe rack was also fantastic this winter when we used multiple shoes and they were usually wet and needed some airflow around them. I threw in some photos of the curtains because they are one of the best skoolie ideas ever and I stole them off of skoolie.net. There are two inch magnets in each corner at the same witdth as a window. I used some white sheets I found at a thrift store and have them mostly at 2-3 windows per panel therefore using three-four magnets each panel. They are super easy to fold onto eachother using the magnets when you want to "open" the curtains up for the day. They have worked fantastic and I cannot imagine any other way of making curtains in a vehicle that bounces and jiggles and moves from side to side, all made of metal. I believe any other kind of curtain would make noise when you drive. These do not fall off either. Bought the magnets at Home Depot. My mother-in-law and friend made nine panels total for the bus with the front window using stronger magnets we got at Harbor Freight as the window is longer therefore using more fabric.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! The winter coat rack & shoe-shelf look super-duper cool! Someday, maybe??? *We* (Dale & myself) could come visit the family and see Oreo as we haven't met the cat yet. Bus looks great, BTW. Seriously... I really like what you've done with the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, still not over your whole Facebook slander of me Carol and won't be anytime in the near future. You outright lied about me and "acted" like a victim, AGAIN. Tired of it. Really really tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need that shoe rack by my door. Actually, I've always needed that shoe rack, everywhere I've lived, for my entire life. I just didn't realize it until now.

    ReplyDelete