Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Eve, 2012

Condensed version from Portland to Bangkok as seen by all 5 KirknDopp members, S,D,R,P,C and our friend Dave. 12/21 D: The sun came out for our departure. Oops, it is gone. Stupid Portland. S: I do not remember how to pack, what do I pack, where is my Mellow Johnny's hat, WHERE IS MY MELLOW JOHNNY's hat? 12/22 P: Thailand, Thailand, Thailand. C: I don't really want to go to Thailand. 12/23 D: I must find the perfect pair of shoes. S: This is a really weird Travelodge. 12/24 C: When will we actually be in Thailand? D: Ryder Phelan if you two cannot stop touching each other in the car, I will throw you out window. RP: giggle giggle. 12/25 D: Surprise, we are going to Disneyland! R P C: Yawn. D: That didn't quite workout as planned. R P C 13 hours later: That was the best day of my life, thank you Nana & Grandpa. S D: I cannot walk another inch. 12/26 S: I'm nervous. P: Thailand, Thailand, Thailand. It's 9:15, now 9:30, 9:45 D: Phelan, stop announcing the time, you are freaking me out. S: Boys, stop jumping on the beds D: Dopp boys, load'em up, it's go time. 12/27 D: Ryder, eat that damn food, it's just a weird mushroom. Boys, stop playing movies, go to sleep! P: Beijing is fancy, but really cold. D: I just spent 54 yen Steve on coffee and tea, do we know how much a yen is? R: I need to learn more geography, those girls were from Korea and I have never heard of Korea. C: Those people gave me a candy that tastes like a Raisen. P: But I have to have that stamp cuz I won't be back to China for 10 years. S: I don't think I have ever been in such a large room in my life. 12/28 D: Hey Dave, you are in China mister! R: My backpack is not on the conveyor belt? Dave: This is the farthest I have ever been in my life. P: It is hot now. D: the air-con isn't working in our room! S: Casey, stop jumping on the bed. 12/29 D: no, you will eat vegetables, Pad Thai or soup! R: Can we have our allowance in Bahts? P: Can we drink Fanta now that we are not at home? S: I left my debit card in that machine. It's gone. 12/30 S: Happy Birthday! D: The only thing I want for my birthday is a better room and a pool. P: Where are my goggles? S: I would like to order the morning glory, some larb and red curry with fish. Dave: I feel truly zen right now R: I don't think we were ready for Chinatown yet, it is a little out of our league. D: Steve, I don't know what to order, I can only recognize olives, I think, or are they pickled plums?

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Mama!! Hope you had a good one!

    Happy Trails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks milady! It was a great day filled with freshly squeezed pomegranate juice, awesome food and sitting poolside with my extraordinary family. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds fantastic. So glad for you guys to be off and enjoying another adventure together!

    ReplyDelete