Sunday, January 13, 2013

Just In Case You were Wondering

Well, I wanted to update you on a very well known topic of conversation amongst travelers...."are Germans the most annoying travelers in the world?" I can say that three years of my 43 years have been spent in other countries with a lot of Germans as I believe they and the Dutch are the most travelled people, in the world. Two things I will say here, in public, one and only time then never admit to in public again, especially to a German. German men are gorgeous creatures and German people are ridiculously intelligent. They are often times tall with great teeth, great bone structure on their faces...yes, I am generalizing here but when you travel, it is difficult to not generalize your observations. They know more about American history then we do as well as composers, art, science and speak at least three languages. They are just smart as all hell. But then that isn't what this post was about, it was about how annoying they are cuz honestly, that is far more fun to talk about. The answer is yes. They sure as hell are. Omg, how many times since we have been in Thailand they have asked what school work my kids are doing while here. (Btw, the answer is nothing cuz everyday is a pre-scheduled field trip to museums, national parks and food tours you big jerk!!!!). It is funny that the French or English don't ask such silly questions like that but then the English invented the GAP year and the French invented eating slowly. Germans are annoying to our ears as their language is brash, they dress funny (had to throw that in) and they know everything. The truth is though, we have become friends traveling with more Dutch and Germans than any other country. I am impressed with Germans immensely but simply giggle more with Australians and Brits (yes, English spoken by both). We have never spent much time with the French cuz we don't speak French or wear our scarves the right way but Aussies are the partiers that take over a bar and Brits are a little like hanging out with someone from Boston. So my dear readers, to finally answer the ongoing travel debate amongst travelers, yes, Germans are the most annoying foreigners, for a reason, of course. I love them for stimulating conversations reminding me I really need to read more Tolstoy or learn about the black hole situation near nebula 3. But when that conversation is over, I am heading over to the next bar to have a sandy with my bloke. P.s. If you are German and are reading this, could you please believe me for once that not all Americans eat ketchup! Thanks. P.s. If you are Dutch or Swiss German, you are excluded from this post, kinda. P.s. If you are English, fried hard boiled eggs were also an amazing invention. P.s. If you are French, you cannot read this so thanks for the French fries and Gerard Depardeau.

No comments:

Post a Comment