Sunday, June 20, 2010

What We're Doing in and Around the Blue Daisy

Alright people, without a camera for another week, I bring you lists of what we're doing. These are the movies I've seen in the last week...

"Outsourced" - a good independent film depicting a very accurate description of incorporating life in India. Although somewhat cheesy at times, so is India. I felt like it really hooked into subtle and obvious cultural structure.

"Youth in Revolt" - entertaining alter ego shows that Michael Cera can now move on from high school sophomoric movies such as this and Juno to meatier movies.

"Eagle vs. Shark" - we are big fans of Flight of the Conchords and so I say, if you enjoy this song Business Time, you'll enjoy this movie.


What I've read in the last week:
Bad Trips Horror stories from the roads less traveled in the 1930's-1940's
Notes from a Big Country - A compilation of Bill Bryson's column for a New Hampshire newspaper depicting life returning to the U.S. after twenty years in the UK.
Spin Cycle - Women and their therapists, summer brain candy, not good for you.
The Painted Drum - I realized, while reading this book, that Louise Erdrich is my favorite author. I have read many of her fiction and non-fiction over the years and I consistently am enthralled with her. This book inspired that epiphany.
Bridget Jones Diary - same as the movie - sip/sip or same/same

1 comment:

  1. Have you read The Last Report on the Miracles of Little No Horse by Erdrich? After reading your post I realized that I started it, was really into it and then I don't know what happened. Must find...

    ReplyDelete